Thursday, February 26, 2009

Best test for fat loss...

I just read on Women's Health the best way to test for fat loss. And if you are having a hard time committing to a healthy diet, this one will give you the motivation.

Basically it says that weighing yourself is not a good indicator of fat loss since the scale measures water and muscles as well as fat. A better way is to "place your fingers on your belly and inhale deeply so that it expands. As you exhale, contract your abdominal muscles and push your fingertips against your hard abdominal wall. Now pinch.

"You're holding pure fat," says Tom Seabourne, Ph.D., author of Athletic Abs. Do this every day, 30 minutes before your workout, and you'll find that you rarely decide to skip a session."

Ouch. I did the test and I am now even more committed to making healthy choices in my diet. Check out the whole site for great tips on health and wellness.

1 comment:

Baby Blog Addict said...

Congrats PreBaby Jeans. You are the winner of the Relish! Online Menu Planning Giveaway on BabyBlogAddict.com. I sent you an email to let you know how to claim your prize. Please let me know if you don't get the email for some reason. Congrats!