Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Work for mom and not the man!



I remember the rat race... When my husband and I had to have endless conversations on who was going to drop off or pick up. When I was racing home in traffic to beat the 5:30pm pick up time. When my first born's first word was "bye" and as one mom put it, "the drive to work and home is for crying". I remember the grind, not just the grind of getting up super early since we both worked four 10 hour shifts so that K would only have day care for 3 days instead of 5, but also the grind it put on our marriage. So when Ethan was born I knew we couldn't do the rat race thing with two little ones. So I researched what else was out there...

I knew I wanted something that was flexible, that I could do from home and I could bring my children with me. I also wanted it to fit in with my healthy lifestyle. So what to do???

So many moms are faced with this question after returning to the workforce. With their new role as mother, their old career just doesn't seem to fit anymore. But maybe they still need to (and want to) provide an income for their family.

If you are one of these moms, check out this great article on Momlogic about starting your own company. Lisa Druxman, founder of Stroller Strides is profiled along with other mompreneurs.

And I encourage any mom looking for a flexible, fun, kid friendly job to look into becoming a Stroller Strides franchise owner. I love "working" everyday and my kids love it too!

No comments: