Thursday, August 13, 2009

Support for Motherhood- Thank Goodness for Friends!


When I started as a Stroller Strides franchise owner 9 months ago I had a 4 year old and a 4 month old. I had just recently left my full time job and had few friends that were mothers. It was lonely during the 3 months of maternity leave as I maneuvered through my new Stay At Home life.

Then I started going to Stroller Strides! After my first class I loved it, I loved that I could work out again without worrying about day care, or worrying that I still had my baby weight, or worrying that my child was acting up... I also loved that I had found a support group that was active, happy and so friendly! I loved it so much that I jumped at the chance to buy the franchise when the current owner decided to focus more on their South Denver franchise (Thanks, Karen!).

Now I have a full calendar of playdates, moms nights outs, coffee dates, bike rides, hikes and more! Recently a couple of us moms got together on Friendship Day for Sunday Brunch and a Pedicure. We had a free day away from the kids to talk, laugh and pamper ourselves. This is a picture of our wonderful toes!

I don't know if I would have found these wonderful women without Stroller Strides and Luna Moms Club coming into my life. But thank goodness I found that Stroller Strides flyer when I did, and thanks to all the wonderful new friends in my life!

No comments: