Saturday, May 8, 2010

On this Mothers Day, I would like to thank... my sons!

On Mother's Day families gather together to celebrate mothers and all they do for their families.  As a mom, I know first hand the countless hours it takes to manage a family.  I could use this whole post to catalog all the things I do- in fact sometimes I am up to my eyeballs in the stuff that I do, doo-doo, and to do's.  But everything I do is tiny compared to what my children have done for me- or rather to me... 

Just with their entrance into the world they have changed the very fiber of my being, they have moved the axis around which my world revolves, they have shifted the way I look at things profoundly that I cannot look at another suffering child or family without putting myself or my child in their place (and feeling utter heartbreak because of it).  They have made me understand what it means to be proud, lost, overjoyed and in awe.  They have made me felt a love that is beyond bounds and a worry that, even when unfounded, can consume your whole mind.  What I do on a daily basis to care for my children is important, but what they have done for me is immeasurable.  They have made me a Mother...

So this Mother's Day I celebrate all the mothers in the world.  I celebrate their hard work, blood, sweat and tears.  But I want to send a special thank you to Kaiden and Ethan.  Since without them, I would never have become a Mother, and would never have been able to experience this amazing journey.   

(And of course special big ups to my Mom too!  Since without her I never would have been in the first place...)  

1 comment:

Angel said...

what a lovely entry. I agree completely with you. You are a wonderful mother, and you have such beautiful boys.